** Attention All Homeschool Parents — From Beginners to Veterans **
“Give Us 1 Day...
and we'll give you the
information you need to homeschool your teen through the high school years.
Learn how to help your teen prepare for
getting into the college of his or her choice — and discover how to get a terrific
career with or without college!
you homeschool or unschool, we'll remove the guesswork, frustration and fear, save you
time and money, and give you the confidence you need to succeed.”
We've done it ourselves, and
you can too. And we're sharing
all of our information and resources
with you at our second annual
Homeschool Your Teen Seminar
HURRY... we can only accept 115 registrations TOTAL in each location and we expect them
to go fast! Last year this event SOLD OUT! If you answer "yes" to any of the
following questions, then book your reservation now...
- Are you currently homeschooling a teen or thinking about homeschooling a teen?
- Would you like to know what options, both traditional and non-traditional, exist for homeschooled teens?
- Would you like to know where to find high school curriculum and online correspondence programs?
- Would like to know about charter high school programs?
- Do you want information about concurrent enrollment at community colleges?
- Do you want to know about taking the CHSPE?
- Would you like to know how to bypass curriculum and testing?
- Do you want to know what opportunities exist for work and volunteering?
- Do you want to know about travel opportunities for teens?
- Do you want to know about socialization for homeschoolers in the teen years?
- Do you want to know how your teen can get a high school diploma in a non-traditional way?
- Do you have a teen who is frustrated or bored with academics and would rather bypass high school and get on with their life?
- Do you want to improve communication with your teen?
- Do you want to learn some strategies for motivating your teen to set and achieve goals?
- Do you want to know how to help transition a homeschooled teen to college or work?
- Do you want to know how to help your homeschooled teen get admitted to the college of their choice?
- Do you unschool and wonder how you can turn what your teen has been doing into transcripts and portfolios for college admission?
- Is your teen struggling with trying to figure out what they want to do in terms of college and career choices?
- Do you want to help your teen have a career and life success beyond high school with or without a college education?
- Are you becoming overwhelmed and exhausted trying to sort through all of the information about homeschooling teens that you hear from friends or online?
- Would like to get answers to all of your questions in one place?
- Have you ever wished you had real-life mentors to guide you?
...Mentors who actually HAVE successfully homeschooled their teens
or coached homeschooled teens through the high school years and beyond?
Would you like to talk to these mentors who truly understand where you're at and
what you're trying to do?
“WE know what it feels
like to be
where you are right now.”
Just look at the experience our mentors have ...
Marty Nemko has a unique combination of world-class expertise as a career
counselor/coach, excellence as a presenter, and commitment to the homeschooling/unschooling
movement. The San Francisco Bay Guardian named him, "The Bay Area's Best
Career Coach" and he enjoys a 96% client satisfaction rate in his private career
counseling practice. He was a career columnist for the Los Angeles Times and
San Francisco Chronicle before becoming Contributing Editor for Careers at U.S.
News and World Report. He is the author of Cool Careers for Dummies
(3rd edition, 2007), which, in a reader's choice poll, was rated the #1 most useful career guide.
He is in his 19th year as host of "Work with Marty Nemko" on a National Public
Radio affiliate in San Francisco, and in his 20th year as the regularly appearing career
and education expert on KGO radio's Ronn Owens Show. He has praised the homeschooling and
unschooling movement, and has been a keynote speaker and workshop presenter at the Oregon
Michelle Barone MA MFT is a licensed family therapist,
parent educator, credentialed teacher, and retired La Leche League leader. She
homeschooled/unschooled her two children and has been working with homeschooling families for 18
years. She lectures at homeschooling conferences and co-facilitates a homeschool information
night in the Los Angeles area. Michelle contributed to The Homeschool Book of Answers, edited
by Linda Dobson, and is the author, along with homeschool advocate Mary Shannon, of Exploring Your
Family's Educational Journey. Michelle is in private practice in Los Angeles, California.
She conducts parent education workshops, parenting groups, and private consultations.
Wes Beach is the Director of Beach High School that
supports students who want to follow an alternative educational path, often
an accelerated one, and sidestep a conventional high school experience.
Students he's worked with have reached the highest levels of formal education
and have pursued a wide variety of vocational paths, with and without formal
higher education, including in music, dance, sports, art, business, practical
crafts, medicine, law, and academia. Prior to opening his private high school
he worked for 32 years in public schools, teaching a variety of subjects and
directing programs for gifted and "at-risk" students. Wes is the
author of Opportunities After "High School": Thoughts, Documents,
Diane Flynn Keith is the editor of Homefires.com, author of
Carschooling, and founder of UniversalPreschool.com. With her husband
Cliff, she homeschooled their sons from kindergarten through high school.
Diane's sons bypassed traditional high school and engaged instead in
volunteer work, flight lessons, working in retail and the trades, and performing
in music venues with their bands. Both young men are recent graduates of the
Musician's Institute in Hollywood and are currently pursing careers in the music
industry. Diane is a featured columnist for The Link homeschool newspaper,
and has written for Home Education Magazine, The Old School House,
and other publications. She has contributed to these books on homeschooling:
The Homeschooling Almanac, The California Homeschool Guide,
The Ultimate Book of Homeschooling Ideas, and Homeschooling Styles.
Diane is a popular speaker at homeschool conferences. She has also been a distinguished
presenter at professional development seminars for teachers in public charter school
home study programs throughout southern California, and a regular guest speaker at
child-parent classes at Skyline College. Diane has also testified in court as a
Homeschool Expert Witness.
Barbara Phillips is a veteran homeschool mom
who has been self-employed as a reading specialist tutoring
children of all ages, for the past 12 years. She holds a B.A. in education, holds
a California teaching credential, has taught in both public and private schools,
and has Montessori Certification from the American Montessori Society. She has
two adult children who attended public schools. With her husband Richard, she
homeschooled her daughter Rachel from 2nd grade through high school.
Barbara is a homeschool advocate and popular speaker at homeschool workshops and conferences.
Rachel Phillips was homeschooled from 2nd
grade through high school. Rachel attended community college as a teen, earned a
scholarship to Skidmore College where she designed her own major, and graduated with a Bachelor's
degree in 2005. Rachel is 24 years old and works in the Bay Area as a reading instructor and
photographer. She has written articles about her experience as a homeschooled child for
publications including "Homefires," "The Link,"
and "Home Education Magazine." Rachel has been a featured speaker at homeschool
conferences, where her presentations are legendary for reassuring homeschool parents.
You see? YOU DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT HOMESCHOOLING YOUR TEEN. It
doesn't have to be hard. We will help turn the struggle and doubt of homeschooling
through the high school years into a joyful journey for you and your family.
Leave your stress at the door, and find comfort in the resources and advice at our...
Here's just a SAMPLING of what you'll get when you attend the seminar...
1. Marty Nemko, World-Class Career Counselor, Will Present
Careers for Homeschoolers with Breakout Workshops...
- 10 Great Careers for Homeschooled Students...And How To Land One is the title of Marty Nemko's morning Keynote Address. He'll discuss careers in which homeschooling is a strength. Plus, he'll reveal the keys to landing those jobs without a college degree. A lively Q & A will follow the presentation.
- The Breakout session will be available to the first 30 participants who register for the Homeschool Your Teen Seminar in southern California and the first 30 participants who register for the HSYT Seminar in northern California. You will be notified of your eligibility for the Breakout sessions by email prior to the HSYT event. The Breakout sessions will be held 3 different times throughout the day at 10:30 to 11:45 AM, 1:30-2:45 PM, and 3:00-4:15 PM. Each session is limited to 10 participants. If you are notified that you are one of the lucky participants then, when you arrive at the Homeschool Your Teen Seminar, you can sign up for the time slot you prefer on a first-come, first-serve basis.
2. Michelle Barone, Licensed Family Therapist, Will Give You
Effective Tools for Communicating with Your Teen. Find out...
- What is going on in the teenage brain! What's the latest brain research and how can it help you create the best educational environment for your teen?
- Why do teens do what they do?
- Simple, effective tools for communicating with your teen.
- Conflict negotiation strategies and techniques.
- How to talk so your teen will listen, and listen so your teen will talk.
- Why homeschooling is a wonderful gift for your teen.
- How you can live joyfully with your homeschooling teen - it is easier than you think!
For those with teens new to homeschooling, Michelle will explain the importance
of taking time for "school recovery." Get a glimpse of what taking 9-12
months of "recovery time" looks like.
Michelle will share strategies on how to support, encourage, and stay connected
to your teen through the high school years and beyond.
3. Wes Beach, Director of Beach High School, Will Show You
The Fast Track to High School Diplomas and College Entrance. Learn...
- How to document home studies, and create transcripts.
- How to enroll in community colleges.
- How to choose four-year colleges and universities.
- How to gain admission to four-year colleges and universities (including early admission) at both the freshman and transfer levels.
- How to cope with the complex rules and A-G requirements of the University of California.
- How to continue on the unschool path by finding appropriate alternatives to formal higher education.
- How to attend alternative schools and specialized training and certificate programs.
Hear Wes' thoughts about the range of possibilities in homeschooling,
college admission, and life paths that do not include a college
degree. He'll share a number of stories about the routes to
success that his students have taken.
4. Homeschool Graduate Rachel Phillips &
Veteran Homeschool Mom, Barbara Phillips, will address...
- The importance of learning a trade during the high school years.
- Ideas for developing life skills.
- Learning to make and manage money.
- Attending college for one's own edification and self-growth, as opposed to going to college just "to get a degree, to get a good job, to make good money, so you can buy cool stuff."
Then, join in a Q & A session with Barbara and Rachel to find out:
- What their high school homeschool days were like.
- The goals they set and the structure and guidelines they used to achieve them.
- "The Prom" and other teen social events and peer interaction.
- Preparing for and taking the CHSPE aka the California High School Proficiency Exam.
- Attending community college as a teen
- Transitioning from homeschool to college
- Adjusting to work after college
- The foundation homeschooling provided for adulthood
5. Diane Flynn Keith Will Show You How to Help
Motivate Teens to Set Goals By Exploring Available Resources!
Diane has spent thousands of hours and dollars
on researching and finding resources throughout her 16 years of
homeschooling her own children and coaching other homeschool parents.
She has a good idea of what works and
what doesn't when it comes to motivating teens and helping them establish and
implement goals. She'll provide some simple steps for figuring out what
your teens want and how to go about achieving it by utilizing an array of resources.
Diane will share with you her personal directory of contacts giving
you referrals to the people, tools, and materials that get RAVE REVIEWS
from homeschool parents and their teens.
Get Diane Flynn Keith's Brand New, Comprehensive
and Fully Indexed, Homeschool Your Teen Resource Guide — This 3-ring, information-packed
BINDER will be given to everyone who attends Diane's session.
It contains dozens of resources that you and Diane will explore as
you go through the session. It also contains many templates and worksheets
you can use after you leave the seminar for your homeschooling endeavors.
The "Homeschool Your Teen Resource Guide" includes
information on how to find and contact:
- High School curricula suppliers for every subject.
- Charter High School Home Study programs, organized by county for the entire state of California.
- Online High School Programs that are recommended by homeschool parents and teens.
- Community Colleges that offer concurrent enrollment programs for high school students.
- Colleges and Universities that offer high school correspondence classes (some of which offer dual credit as well).
- Community Resources that offer one-of-a-kind opportunities for education and socialization for teens.
- Fun field trips, summer camps, and classes for teens.
- Volunteer opportunities for teens.
- Work and job opportunities for teens.
- Educational travel opportunities for teens.
- A bibliography of other helpful books and resources on homeschooling teens.
- Homeschool Support Groups with ACTIVE teen populations that meet for classes, field trips, and social events.
In addition, the Homeschool Your Teen Resource Guide includes...
- A bulleted list of the studies and activities you should track for ease of documentation when it comes time to fill out transcripts or create portfolios for college admission or job resumes.
- A handy supply of forms and templates for record-keeping — including a template for a high school diploma.
- A glossary of words and terminology commonly used when homeschooling through the high school years and exploring college admissions.
- Answers to Questions frequently asked by homeschool parents of teens.
This Homeschool Your Teen Resource Guide is filled with resources
and information that you will use over and over again. "The resources alone are
worth the price of admission!"
Follow-up Q & A Phone Session
Two-weeks or so after the event, Diane will host an open Q & A
Session by phone. You can call in and ask any remaining questions you have about
homeschooling your teen through the high school years, or call in and listen to others'
questions and situations. You'll find this extremely valuable as some questions may
"pop up" in your mind after you get back home and begin to explore and implement
some of the recommendations. Diane's private consulting rate is
$250.00 per hour, so this is a great added value.
great. What's my
investment to gain the information that
will save me time and
money, and help me
homeschool my teen successfully?”
This event is exclusively limited to only 115 people in each location, and
all of the featured coaches and mentors are going to spend a COMPLETE DAY
with you, and answer your questions right on the spot — giving you information, ideas,
and resources to develop your homeschool plan for
success. Similar professional seminars like this charge many hundreds and often
thousands of dollars. But this is a homeschool seminar and that kind of fee would price-out
many who actually NEED and WANT our help. So admission to the Homeschool Your
Teen Seminar is just $289.
We believe strongly that this seminar will transform the way you homeschool through the
high school years, so it's important that you share it with your spouse and your teen.
Married couples — if one of you registers for $289, your spouse may attend for just $239
— a savings of $50! A parent who is registered for the seminar may
register their own mature teen (age 13 and up) who will receive one-third off
the regular price of admission and pay just $194. HOWEVER...
If you register online by April 25, 2008, the price for admission
is just $259 per person — a savings of $30! Discounts for married
couples and teens apply to this early-bird registration price — that means a spouse
pays only $209 and a teen's ticket is just $164!
When you are considering this opportunity, don't look at what it costs.
Look at what it's WORTH to you.
Just based on the 5 components of the seminar outlined above and over 30 bulleted benefits listed,
plus a 100% money-back guarantee described below, what would the information we
share be worth to you?
I can make the case that the results from attending this seminar will easily recoup your investment.
For a lot of you just the savings from avoiding purchasing
useless curriculum is enough.
To put it in some kind of perspective, it's comparable to the cost of general admission tickets
to a theme park or a ball game for a family of 4 for one day - and that doesn't include the
parking, snacks, and souvenirs!
But again, don't think about just recouping the investment - think about multiplying it, and getting
it back 100 times over. Plan to discover multiple major breakthroughs about how to
successfully plan for homeschooling through the high school years
that will save you time and money, relieve your worry,
diminish your anxiety and transform your idea of how to homeschool through high school just
by attending this seminar.
Can you afford not to invest in this information? I urge you to immediately
complete your enrollment because the early-bird discount that will save you money expires on April 25th.
EVERYTHING you need to inspire and motivate your teen to make the most of his or her
high school years."
There is really NOTHING else out there like the Homeschool
Your Teen Seminar!
We are confident that this seminar is EXACTLY what you need right now if you are
homeschooling a teen.
But if you're still skeptical, to reassure you and set your mind at ease, I'm going to offer you my personal...
Go ahead, register and attend the ENTIRE
2008 Homeschool Your Teen Seminar
at NO RISK whatsoever. If for any reason, by the end of the day, you
honestly feel we did not deliver on the information promised, just quietly
turn in your materials to my event assistant, and ask for a full 100%
refund. We'll happily oblige.
You see, I'm THAT confident that nothing out there comes CLOSE to the
quality of my Homeschool Your Teen Seminar and the amazing information
you're going to learn.
This "make you happy" guarantee is my way of taking ANY worry off your
shoulders about making this important decision.
And that's my promise to you.
Diane Flynn Keith
It's time to STEP UP and claim one of the only 115 seats at the Homeschool
Your Teen Seminar as YOURS!
For the price of admission, you can access all of our education
experts and veteran homeschoolers and resources in one place on one day.
the way, you don't need to be the parent of a teen to join us. Parents of younger
children are welcome! In fact, the sooner you have this information, the more confident
you'll be throughout your homeschool experience.”
You see, if you're a beginner, you're in a very good position!
It's actually BETTER that you attend this event BEFORE
you begin homeschooling a teen. You can avoid spending too much
money or time on resources that won't work. You will learn from homeschool
parents and education experts who have been there, done that. You
will find the SIMPLE, FAST, and EFFECTIVE ways to prepare your
homeschooled teens for college, work, and personal success beyond schooling and
Make this investment in your family...
you'll feel better about homeschooling
through the high school years.
When you attend the Homeschool Your Teen Seminar, you'll meet
other parents who are homeschooling or thinking about homeschooling their teens.
Some of these parents have experiences to share and additional
resources to offer. We encourage you to use the time during the
lunch break to network. Please plan to stay on campus and
bring your own lunch and/or refreshments to enjoy on the patio.
For those of you who plan to come in from out-of-town, here are some helpful links to hotels/motels and restaurants near the seminar facilities:
Southern California Homeschool Your Teen Seminar, North Hollywood
North Hollywood Hotel & Motel Accommodations
North Hollywood area Restaurants
Northern California Homeschool Your Teen Seminar, San Mateo
San Mateo Hotel & Motel Accommodations
San Mateo area Restaurants
You see? Everything is ready for your arrival.
Register Now By Clicking On
One of the Red Links Above!
Note: Registrations are transferable.*
PS. Remember there are only 115 total SEATS available for each
seminiar — and this event SOLD OUT last year. It's up to you to grab one for yourself. Reserve
your spot now via one of the links above.
See YOU at the Homeschool Your Teen Seminar!
* Note: Because we want to provide you with the
optimum experience, we have very limited seating. Please be very certain that you
will be able to attend the event before registering. If, after purchasing your
ticket, you discover that you cannot attend, we will cheerfully refund the admission
price as long as you provide a minimum cancellation notice of 14 days prior to the
seminar. If you must cancel your reservation with less than 14 days advance notice,
we cannot refund your admission fee — but you are welcome to transfer your
ticket to another person.
2008 © All rights Reserved, Homefires